Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Although ,Though,Even though, As though

Although ,though,even though all mean the same thing with subtle differences ,not in meaning ,though.

Though is more common in informal style.

Even though is a stronger form of although.

- Although/Though/Even though he played brilliantly, he still lost her match.

Though like however,nevertheless and all the same can appear at the end of a sentence as an adverb,but not although or even though.In this use ,it means however.

- He lost the match,he played brilliantly, though.
- I enjoyed the movie,though, I thought It was too long.
- The strongest argument,though is economic and not political.

Though can be used after an adjective,either.

- Tired Though he was,he stayed up until midnight.
- Hard though I studied,I failed in my test.
- tempting though the snacks were,I refused to eat them.

But as though means differently.It means as if.

- She treats him as though he were her son.

For more information about "though" click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment